The chief engineer / second engineer is responsible for the safety and security of the crew, cargo and ship maintenance. He/She is the ship owner’s representative and decision-maker.
The chief engineer / second engineer is responsible for:
– Mechanical and electrical maintenance.
– Records details of engine parts.
– Records details of repairs.
– Calculating fuels and fuel consumption requirements.
- Coordinating operations with shore side engineers.
- Environmental protection.
– Maintaining the operational condition of the engine room.
There are no reviews yet.